A special thanks to my blogger-friend Carl for nominating me for the Liebster award. I was nominated three weeks ago and I was very happy but I also realized that planning would be an issue. Since I was discharged from the labor force in 2010 you might say I have more time but I have less energy with PLS (see further in this post for the explantion) so I can do less on a good (My energy level seems then better) day. The word Liebster is a German word meaning “valued, enduring, welcome, dearest, kind, and pleasant”. It is an internet award, passed from one blogger to another to show support, and encourage those who follow your blog, to check out your nominees. (Who knows, you might just end up following these blogs as well)
Before I introduce the rules, and my nominees, please check out Carls blog, my new blogger friend who nominated me at “The old fellow goes running“. Thank you again Carl. I am so honored that you thought of me to receive this award.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
Post the award on your blog.
Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers. (have read elsewhere less than 1000 followers)
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
I. My nominees :
The next part is that I have chosen 11 nominees to receive the Liebster award. To accept the award or pass on the award is entirely up to the nominee. In choosing my nominees excuse any mistake, if they do not apply to the amount of followers. I tried to be thorough. Please do take the opportunity to check out these blogs.
II. 11 Random facts about me
1. I am a woman and recently divorced 🙂
2. I am 54, no problem with telling you my age, aging is part of life so I see no secret in that.
3. I have 3 girls : 19, 18 and 13 year old, each with their own personality, interests, talents and hobbies. One thing they surely have in common is their upbringing 🙂
4. I am a parent open to new ideas if its for the better and not harmful to no one.
5. I am a person of few words (maybe you have noticed 🙂 with a lot to say )
6. Since 2009 I was diagnosed with a motor neuron disease which has been slowly disabling me in my mobility called PLS “Primary Lateral Sclerosis“ I do not want this disorder to be my everyday focus. My faith in God is my spiritual guide and strength. I love God and trust him unconditionally. I am also happy that I started blogging . Blogging really served as a therapeutic activity for me.
7. Apart from being therapeutic I love blogging. Blogging introduced me to a special kind of people . I have a sense of belonging and like to read the different blogs. Through blogging I got to know many wonderful people and their blogs.
8. I like to inspire others and being inspired by others.
9. I help friends with their tax papers.
10. I am very involved and always interested in the lives of my daughters. So I often listen to all that is going on in their lives.
11. I am starting with a medicine (BACLOFEN)that can reduce the spasm and stiffness I have in my legs , I pray that this will also be the outcome and that any side effects will be canceled in the name of JESUS.
III. Here are the questions presented to me
1. What got you into writing a blog?
When diagnosed in 2009 with a motor neuron disorder called PLS I fell into a depression and after slowly coming out this depression my daughter suggested I start keeping a diary. As I was also already having a problem with my ability to write I started to blog this year in January.
2. What do you hope to achieve in the next 5 year?
Blogging has opened my eyes and my heart to new opportunities in life. In five years from now I hope to still be blogging and that my blog will serve more and more as an inspiration source.
3. What is your choice for favorite exercise/sport?
My favorite exercise and sport is any sport that makes you happy within your possibilities.
4. What countries have you traveled to?
Uruguay, Brazil (Rio, Sao Paolo, Porto Alegre, Florianopolis, Blumenau and Gramado) Ecuador , Switzerland, O stria, Germany (Dusseldorf,) ,France (Paris, ) , Italy (Venice ) , Turkey (Antalya and Kusadasi) St-Martin, Bonaire, Aruba, Saba, Canada (Vancouver and Squaw valley ) , Republica Dominicana , Californa (Silicon valley and Big sir).
5. Early bird, or night owl?
More early bird than night owl.
6. What was your favorite childhood toy?
I liked playing with a very primitive designer set. 🙂
7. If you were to choose 5 toppings for a pizza, what would they be?
Chorizo, Salmon , Tuna-fish, French cheese and Ricotta cheese.
8. What is one of your proudest accomplishments?
That I was a bankmanager for 9 years.
9. Are you a country person, or a city person?
10. How many times have you moved in your lifetime? Were they difficult?
10 times, was always an adventure
11. If I were to fulfill my bucket list item, and come to visit YOU…..what would you like to do?
I would just lo like to go drink coffee in one of the coffee bars in Rotterdam:)
IV. Here are my 11 questions:
1. How many languages do you speak?
2. What country were you born in?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. What is your favorite place to think?
5. Cats or dogs? .
6. Name a vacation destination that you haven’t been to, but want to go to.
7. What is your favorite article of clothing?
8. Describe an average day in your life.
9. What is your favorite film?
10. Describe someone influential in your life.
11. What is your position in your family( first born or..)?